RCH Solutions is a Managed Service and Information Technology Solutions provider with a specific background in Life Sciences and Health Care. We have experienced significant growth over the past several years, specifically in Cloud technologies. We seek qualified individuals to capture this opportunity for personal and career success as part of our growing company.
We have opportunities in both the Philadelphia and Boston areas.
RCH is looking to expand its technical staff in support of continued growth. Our technologists work directly with Life Sciences research staff maintaining scientific applications, performing Linux systems upgrades, maintaining drivers and configurations for high-end devices (3D monitors / projectors, instruments, data acquisition, etc.), and assisting scientific staff with scripting tasks for tool integrations, custom work-flows, and complete custom software packages. Beyond the direct support of the research communities, RCH works with scientific and IS groups provisioning, tuning, and maintaining both storage and servers, and supporting data management — all with the focus of continually improving research computing environments.
These positions require a comprehensive background with the Linux Operating System including trouble-shooting skills. Additionally, RCH is looking for capacity planning and performance management experience, implementation experience in research computing environments (or similar), exposure to popular Chemical Sciences, Molecular Modeling, Bioinformatics, or License Management applications (or similar), and ideally would include computing infrastructure design experience.
Successful candidates will work as part of a Managed Services team to support research discovery efforts for one or several Life Sciences (Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Chemical) and Health Care companies supported by RCH.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar
• A background in Chemistry or Biology a plus
• Strong “problem-solver” with honed IS trouble-shooting skills
• Experience designing, implementing, or managing Symmetric Multi-Processor (SMP) or High Performance Computing (HPC) platforms
• Certifications in aspects of Linux systems management a plus (experience managing other UNIX variants also a plus)
• Strong scripting skills (shells, perl, Python a must, a plus for other technologies)
• Background with NetApp, Isilon or related NAS solution a plus (storage management experience a plus)
• NFS, CiFS / SMB, YP / NIS, DNS, LDAP, …
• Knowledge of TCP/IP networks (network management experience a plus)
• Windows Server management experience a plus
• Experience with research software applications a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Superior customer relation skills
• Project planning and management skills
• Very strong customer focus
• Team player!
If you are a highly motivated individual with strong technical problem-solving skills and an unwavering commitment to customer service, but have not yet had the opportunities to build the breadth of skills we seek, you are encouraged to send us a resume. Your skills and experience may map into the above and RCH may be able to help bridge gaps via mentoring and on-the-job training.
Be part of the RCH team as an Employee or as a 1099 Contractor. Employee Benefits include:
- Limitless opportunities for advancement
- Part of an organization experiencing excellent growth (average 146% / year over past five years)
And whether Employee or 1099 Contractor:
- Key member of a dynamic team
- Exposure to multiple disciplines and customer environments
- Learn from subject-matter experts
- Send resume to email@example.com