Converged infrastructure aggregates compute, storage and SAN functionality into modular appliances based on commodity x86 hardware.
Centralized management and configuration at the virtual machine level contribute to lower operational costs.
- A single vendor design, delivery and support.
- It streamlines the acquisition, deployment, management and support of the solution.
- A single shared resource pool of x86 resources.
- Combining all IT infrastructure and services below the hypervisor into a single shared pool of x86 resources eliminates the need for discrete IT components
- Centralized Management.
- Efficient use of resources is accomplished in a number ways.
- Management shifts to the application or virtual machine and offers VM-centric policies and management.
- VM-level backup and replication of backup data between sites eliminate the need for third-party backup and replication software and hardware.
- Software-defined data center requirements, enabling automation to improve operational efficiency.