Certified AWS engineers bring critical expertise to research workflows and data architecture.
Organizations of every kind increasingly measure their success by their ability to handle data.
Whether conducting scientific research or market research, the efficiency of your data infrastructure is key. It will either give you a leading competitive edge or become an expensive production bottleneck.
For many executives and IT professionals, Amazon’s AWS service is the go-to cloud computing solution. Amazon isn’t the only vendor on the market, but it is the most popular one, even if Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud aren’t far behind.
Research teams and IT professionals looking to increase their data capacities are always looking for good tech talent. In a world of uncertainties, official certification can make all of the difference when it comes to deploying new technologies.
AWS Certifications: What They Mean for Organizations
Amazon offers 11 globally recognized certifications for its industry-leading cloud technologies. Studies show that professionals who pursue AWS certification are faster, more productive troubleshooters than non-certified employees.
One of the highest levels of certification that an AWS professional can obtain is the AWS Solutions Architect – Professional certification. This represents a technical professional who can design and deploy entire cloud system frameworks from the ground up, creating efficient data flows and solving difficult problems along the way.
Professional Architect certification holders have earned this distinction by demonstrating the following:
- The ability to create dynamically scalable fault-tolerant AWS applications.
- The expertise to select appropriate AWS services based on project requirements.
- The ability to implement successful cost-control strategies.
- Experience migrating complex, multi-tier applications on the AWS platform.
While everything in the AWS certification system relies on Amazon technology, the fundamental processes involved are essentially vendor agnostic. Every growing organization needs to migrate complex applications between platforms while controlling costs and improving data efficiency – AWS is just one tool of many that can get the job done.
This is especially important for research organizations that work in complex cloud environments. Being able to envision an efficient, scalable cloud architecture solution and then deploy that solution in a cost-effective way is clearly valuable to high-pressure research environments.
Introducing Mohammad Taaha, An AWS-Certified Solutions Architect
At RCH Solutions, we pride ourselves on leveraging the best talent and providing best-in-class cloud support for our customers. When we have AWS problems to solve, they go to our resident expert, Mohammad Taaha, who has recently obtained AWS Solutions Architect certification.
Mohammad has been with us since 2018. Coming from the University of Massachusetts, he served as a Cloud Engineer responsible for some of our most exciting projects:
- Creating extensive solutions for AWS EC2 with multiple frameworks (EBS, ELB, SSL, Security Groups and IAM), as well as RDS, CloudFormation, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, CloudTrail, S3, Glue, and, Direct Connect.
- Deploying a successful high-performance computing (HPC) cluster on AWS for a life-sciences customer, using Parallel Cluster running SGE scheduler for the purpose.
- Automating operational tasks including software configuration, server scaling and deployments, and database setups in multiple AWS cloud environments with the use of modern application and configuration management tools (e.g. CloudFormation and Ansible).
- Working closely with clients to design networks, systems, and storage environments that effectively reflect their business needs, security, and service level requirements.
- Architecting and migrating data from on-premises solutions (Isilon) to AWS (S3 & Glacier) using industry-standard tools (Storage Gateway, Snowball, CLI tools, Datasync, among others).
- Designing and deploying plans to remediated accounts affected by IP overlap after a recent merger.
All of these tasks have served to boost the efficiency of data-oriented processes for clients and make them better-able to capitalize on new technologies and workflows.
AWS Isn’t the Only Vendor Out There
Though It’s natural to focus on Amazon AWS thanks to its position as the industry leader, RCH Solutions is vendor agnostic, which means we support a range of cloud service providers and our team has competencies in all of the major cloud technologies on the market. If your organization is better served by Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, or any other vendor, you can rest assured RCH Solutions can support your cloud computing efforts.
Interested in discussing your cloud computing needs?
992 Old Eagle School Road
Wayne, PA 19087
90 Canal Street, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02114
4660 LaJolla Village Drive
San Diego, CA 92122
Avenue Louise 149/24
B1050 Brussel, Belgium